- AbsolventInnen aktiv - Mitmachen
- Applied Life Sciences
- Bauen und Gestalten
- Campus Lectures
- Campus Vital
- Career Corner
- Fachcircle und Seminare für Technikerinnen
- hochschule und familie
- ÖH FH Campus Wien
- Physiotherapy Community of Research
- Public Sector
- Soziale Arbeit
- Studieren mit Behinderung
Best of Biotech – the life science businessplan competition
- Develop your innovation into a business idea and a professional business plan
- Benefit from professional training and feedback from experts during workshops, one-on-one meetings, coaching sessions and the jury meeting
- Be recognized in the life science community with a business concept evaluated by a renowned, international jury
- Win the competition and cash in €15,000 for the best business plan, €10,000 for the 2nd best, €5,000 for the 3rd best, €10,000 for the best medical technology business plan and/or €1,500 as one of the best three business ideas!
- Expand your entrepreneurial network during the competition with other founders, BOB alumni and the life science expert and financing community
Who can participate?
- Students, post-graduates, experienced scientists and other creative individuals who wish to translate their promising and marketable life science innovation into a business idea and a professional business plan.
- Life sciences include the following areas:
- Red biotechnology (Biopharmaceuticals for humans or animals)
- Green or blue biotechnology (Agro-biotechnology or marine biotechnology)
- White biotechnology (Biotechnology applied to industrial processes)
- Medical Technology/Medical Devices
- Supply and service applications in the life sciences (e.g. new sequencing methods, bioinformatics)
- BOB is open to individuals and teams from all countries. If you participate in phase 2 of the competition, be prepared to travel to Vienna in October 2012 to personally present your business plan to the jury. Though not obligatory, attendance at the workshop, the one-on-one meetings, the coaching session and the award ceremonies/networking events is highly recommended.
- Entities that have already been incorporated may participate as long as they are not older than 1 year at the submission deadline of the respective phase.